Chocolate Tofu Mousse
In celebration of earth day, we would like to share one of our favorite desserts!
Take the tofu out from the fridge and let it rest to room temperature. (drain the excess liquid)
Break in the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool at room temperature.
Meanwhile, place the tofu and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Add the melted chocolate and blend until its silky and well combined.
Divide the mixture between little bowls (to make it extra special, use a mixture of espresso cups and cute little glasses).
Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill, then serve with your desired toppings
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 package (340 grams-12 ounces) organic silken tofu at room temperature, drained
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- Chocolate shavings
- Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries any fruit of your choice
- Fresh mint
- Ground pistachios
- Ground ginger snaps